Come diventare grandi nonostante i genitori (How to Grow Up Despite Your Parents) is a Disney movie related to Alex & Co.
It premiered on November 24, 2016 in Italian cinemas. It premiered in the United States at the Los Angeles Italia Film Festival on February 21, 2017. The movie was released on DVD and digital platforms (such as iTunes) on March 15, 2017 in Italy. The DVD has Italian audio and English subtitles.
More often than not, parents are in open contrast with their children’s teachers: They always question their judgment and see conspiracies everywhere, failing to realize that by doing so they severely impair the growth of their kids. The parents always say “We know our child better than everyone, and we know exactly what he has to learn”. That’s exactly what happens to the young cast of “How to Grow Up Despite Your Parents”. When the new high school principal, who doesn’t approve recreational activities, decides not to allow the participation of her students to the national battle of the bands, boys and girls suffer a mortal blow: They live to make music. But when the parents start to protest the decision, the principal decides to double the daily homework. After the first bad grades, the parents decide to stop the protest and submit to the principal’s decision. However, fueled by their pride, the kids sign up for the battle of the bands despite their parents’ decision. Facing impossible odds, boys and girls will learn to grow up in surprising ways.
The decision of the principal not to join the national school competition for music groups will be a fatal blow for the boys because of their unbridled passion for music. Initially the parents take up the defense of their children, but then the principal will decide to double their homework. Against parents and the principal, the boys decide to enroll in the music competition. The challenge seems impossible but instead it will take the kids to grow up in a surprising way between all kinds of obstacles to overcome.
Cast and Characters
- Leonardo Cecchi as Alex Leoni
- Eleonora Gaggero as Nicole De Ponte
- Saul Nanni as Christian Alessi
- Federico Russo as Sam Costa
- Beatrice Vendramin as Emma Ferrari
- Emanuele Misuraca as Davide Aiello
- Chiara Primavesi as Evelyn Riley
- Margherita Buy as Silvia Rufini
- Giovanna Mezzogiorno as Mary
- Matthew Modine as Bob Riley
- Roberto Citran as Augusto Ferrari
- Sergio Albelli as Diego Leoni
- Elena Lietti as Elena Leoni
- Paolo Pierobon as Rick De Ponte
- Sara D'Amario as Sara De Ponte
- Francesca De Martini as Monica Alessi
- Ninni Bruschetta as Igor Alessi
- Gabriella Franchini as Wilma, Sam's Grandmother
- Giovanni Calcagno as Giovanni Aiello, Davide's father
- Aglaia Mora as Paola, Davide's mother
- Paolo Calabresi as Michele
- Toby Sebastian as Pat Riley
- Federico Russo as the DJ and host
- Nicola Stravalaci as Professor Strozzi
- Michele Cesari as Giovanni Belli
- Alessandro Benzi, Matteo Filippo Galvani, Guglielmo Lami and Gianluca Marangon as Mad&Bros (written in the movie as Mad&Bross)
- Other minor characters
- The Strawberry Place (new)
- I Can See the Stars (new)
- The Clearest Day of Spring (new, unreleased)
- Weekend Syndrome, Cinicittà and Word World (by Mad&Bros)
- Follow The Sun (by Xavier Rudd)
- All the While (a cappella version by Nicole)
- Welcome to Your Show (arranged version)
- Music Speaks
- We Are One
- Truth or Dare
On December 2, 2015, Disney Channel Italy announced they were preparing a movie based on the series, planned for September 2016. On March 31, 2016 it was announced the release date of the movie, November 24, 2016. On October 21, 2016 title and cast were revealed.
Four days before the movie release, a 22-minute promotional "behind the scenes" was broadcast on Disney Channel Italy. It is included in the DVD extras and available on YouTube (in Italian).
|Italy||Cinema||November 24, 2016||Come diventare grandi nonostante i genitori|
|DVD and digital platforms||March 15, 2017|
|United States||Los Angeles Italia Film Festival||February 21, 2017||How to Grow Up Despite Your Parents|
|Spain||Disney Channel Spain||April 16, 2017||Alex & Friends. Sobreviviendo a los padres|
|Romania||Disney Channel Romania||July 15,2017||Alex și trupa: cum să devii mare chiar dacă părinții îți pun bețe-n roate|
|Bulgaria||Disney Channel Bulgaria||Групата на Алекс: Как да пораснем, макар че сме родители|
|Poland||Disney Channel Poland||July 22, 2017||Alex i spółka: Jak dorosnąć pod okiem rodziców|
|Hungary||Disney Channel Hungary and Czech Republic||July 28, 2017||Alex és bandája: Hogyan nőjünk fel a szüleink akarata ellenére|
|Czech Republic||Alex a spol: Jak dospět navzdory rodičům|
|Germany||Disney Channel Germany||2017||TBA|
- This movie continues the events of Alex & Co since the end of season 2, when Nicole left Alex. However, Sam's girlfriend is not Rebecca, who does not exist in this universe.
- This movie can be placed in a parallel universe compared to the Alex & Co. one, because the characters have common points, but they have different love stories and some of the parents who appeared in seasons 1 and 2 are portrayed by different actors.
- For timing reasons, all songs have been really shortened in comparison with full versions.
- Just before showing the video of Welcome to Your Show, we can see the DJ's screen. On the right, there is a video called I Can See the Stars, but at that moment the song hadn't been recorded by Alex & Co. yet.
|Have a look at the Come diventare grandi nonostante i genitori gallery!|
- Official website
- Official Facebook page
- Trailer and teasers (in Italian with English and Spanish subtitles)
- Movie promos (in Italian with English and Spanish subtitles)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Los Angeles Italia Film Festival invitation
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Post on the movie's official Facebook page about the digital release
- ↑ Alex & Friends movie
- ↑ Title screen in Spanish
- ↑ Bulgarian Trailer
- ↑ Disney Channel Poland July 22, 2017 Schedule
- ↑ Disney Channel Hungary July 2017 Schedule
- ↑ Disney Channel Czech Republic July 2017 Schedule
- ↑ The movie is planned to air on Disney Channel Germany